Bethan is a Special Counsel at Grondal Bruining with more than 17 years’ experience managing claims and disputes for a wide range of commercial and government clients. She has broad experience in commercial litigation and, in recent years, has developed an interest in building and construction disputes.
Bethan advises clients on a variety of contract based and competition and consumer claims, corporate disputes involving disputes between directors and shareholders, workplace claims involving breach of contracts, duties and restraints as well as claims concerning:
- delay, disruption and force majeure;
- extension of time;
- liquidated damages and defect and poor workmanship.
Bethan also advises clients on contract drafting, administration and contract risks. While she has extensive experience in formal dispute resolution, she understands the importance of commercial delivery of a project and maintaining working relationships between parties.
Bethan is known for developing strong and genuine relationships with clients. She prides herself on providing easy-to use advice, delivering on promises, maintaining regular communication and advising clients honesty. Bethan likes to work collaboratively with her clients and other professionals within the firm to solve her client’s legal problems.
Bethan has had the opportunity of merging her litigation skills and her interest in AFL by being a member of the West Australian Community Football Tribunal. She has also spent time acting as the Risk Management Officer for the West Perth Football Club Women.
Bethan is passionate about animal welfare and has been fortunate enough to have acted for the RSPCA WA with respect to a number of their prosecutions under the Animal Welfare Act.
Bethan’s expertise includes:
- Contractual disputes predominantly in the building, construction and mining industry
- Arbitration, rapid adjudication and urgent injunctive relief
- Corporations Act disputes and disputes involving shareholders/directors
- Restraint of trade and services contracts disputes
- Disputes involving leases and other property related matters
- Misleading and/or deceptive conduct allegations/disputes
- Insolvency disputes