mergers & acquisitions
We have deep experience in M&A matters, with our team having 50 years of combined experience.
We act on a broad spectrum of M&A matters, including from asset (eg. equipment) acquisitions through to infrastructure transactions, acting for foreign multinationals, trade buyers, private equity and private owners/investors, and on preferred bidder and auction deals. We have particular experience with business growth & succession matters.
Our experience covers a wide range of industry sectors, including resources, energy, health, agribusiness, telecommunications, technology, transport, manufacturing and professional services, as well as business growth & succession matters. Some examples of the experience of our team include:
- the sale and purchase of developed operating mining projects and of undeveloped mining projects
- the sale and development of infrastructure, including a hydro-electric scheme and a telecommunications network via public-private partnership (PPP)
- acting for multinationals from USA, Canada, UK, Denmark, Korea, France, India, China and Africa, including in relation to international corporate restructures
- business growth & succession, including buy-ins, exits, asset disposals, shareholder agreements, restructures and strategic and commercial advice
- term sheets, MOUs and heads of agreement
- confidentiality agreements (including standstill arrangements)
- due diligence, including managing the DD process
- joint ventures, including shareholder agreements
- warranty and indemnity insurance
- acting for private equity funds on acquisitions and disposals, acting for the targets of private equity funds, and acting in respect of the establishment of private equity funds
- share restructures (including the issue of bespoke securities) to facilitate acquisitions
- obtaining relevant shareholder and regulatory approvals.
We can also assist you with recommendations for, and in dealing with, corporate advisors to support you in your strategic endeavours.