Grondal Bruining has market-leading experience in advising energy companies on all aspects of their core business.
Our experience covers:
- gas sale and purchase agreements
- coal supply agreements
- power purchase agreements and tolling agreements
- gas transportation agreements
- swaps, inlet sales, imbalance trades
- gas and diesel storage arrangements
- network access contracts
- ancillary service contracts
- retail gas and electricity supplies
- all of the business, legal and regulatory issues that underpin and arise out of these activities.
Our team members have also:
- been the primary legal advisers on significant green fields thermal and renewable energy generation projects
- advised on the development of new gas pipelines, including preparing foundation shipper contracts
- advised on the RET and the participation of renewable energy generators in the Western Australian electricity market (including the WEM)
- drafted and advised extensively on third party access arrangements
- completed significant unregulated restructures, acquisitions and sales in the energy sector.
Our dispute resolution and avoidance team has expertise in energy and regulatory matters. Our team expertly handles disputes between parties and investigations/prosecutions by regulatory agencies. We also understand that sometimes it is important to seek out a litigator’s perspective and strategic input during commercial negotiations to ensure our clients obtain maximum leverage.