Climate Change & Greenhouse Gas
Out team advises numerous clients on mechanisms for measurement and management of greenhouse gases.
Through our work in the oil & gas, energy and industrial sectors, we understand how greenhouse gas mechanisms affect your business.
Our team has advised some of Australia’s largest emitters of greenhouse gases on:
- regulatory compliance
- dealing with greenhouse gas mechanisms in joint ventures
- passing carbon costs down the supply chain
- trading in carbon permits and other offsets
- mitigation and offset projects, including forestry projects giving rise to ACCUs
- renewable energy and energy efficiency.
James Bruining's work in this area saw him being awarded 'Lawyer of the Year' for Climate Change Law by Best Lawyers in 2013 and 2020.