Climate Change & Greenhouse Gas
Out team has advised numerous clients on the various mechanisms for measurement and management of greenhouse gases introduced in Australia over the last decade.
Through our work in the oil & gas and energy sectors, we understand how greenhouse gas mechanisms affect your business.
Our team has advised some of Australia’s largest emitters of greenhouse gases on:
- regulatory compliance
- dealing with greenhouse gas mechanisms in joint ventures
- passing carbon costs down the supply chain
- trading in carbon permits and other offsets
- mitigation and offset projects, including forestry projects giving rise to ACCUs
- renewable energy and energy efficiency.
James Bruining's work in this area saw him being awarded 'Lawyer of the Year' for Climate Change Law by Best Lawyers in 2013.